Participant Understanding of Risk
I understand the seriousness of the risks involved in participating in this program, my personal responsibilities for adhering to all rules and regulations, and accept them as a participant.
Participant Code of Ethics
I hereby pledge to provide a positive attitude and be responsible for my participation in youth sports by following this Code of Ethics:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship from fellow players, coaches, officials, and parents at every game and practice.
- I will attend every practice and game that is reasonably possible and notify my coach if I cannot.
- I will expect to receive a fair amount of playing time.
- I will do my very best to listen and learn from my coaches.
- I will treat my coaches with respect regardless of race, gender, or abilities, and I will expect to be treated accordingly.
- I deserve to have fun during my sports experience and will alert parents or coaches if it stops being FUN!
- I deserve to play in an alcohol, tobacco, and drug free environment and expect adults to respect that wish.
- I will encourage my parents to be involved with my team in some capacity because it is important to me.
- I will do my very best in school.
- I will remember that sports are an opportunity to learn and have fun.
- I will not use any foul language, harassment, or misconduct directed to other players/cheerleaders, coaches, or members of the NCFL program.
- I will not display any unsportsmanlike conduct to the opposing team, fellow players/cheerleaders, coaches, or any league representatives, in person, in writing, or on any social media platform.
- I will not create a video recording of, and/or watch a video recording of any NCFL game other than a game my team participated in.
Parent Understanding of Risk
I/We understand and accept the risks involved in participating in this program, and I/We understand that my child must adhere to all rules and regulations at all times.
Parent/Guardian Code of Ethics
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice, or other youth sports event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of any personal desire to win.
- I will insist that my child plays in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will provide support for coaches and officials working with my child to provide a positive, enjoyable, experience for all.
- I will demand a drug, tobacco, and alcohol-free sports environment for my child and agree to assist by refraining from their use at all youth sports events.
- I will remember that the game is for children and for adults.
- I will do my best to make youth sports fun for my child.
- I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials with respect regardless of race, gender, or ability.
- I will promise to help my child enjoy the youth sports experience within my personal constraints by assisting with coaching, being a respectful fan, providing transportation, or whatever I am capable of doing.
- I understand that if I am not a respectful fan, that my child’s right to play in the NCFL could be at risk of expulsion for the season, and that my Town organization may be sanctioned or fined.
- I will not use any foul language, harassment, or misconduct in any way, shape or form, directed to players/cheerleaders, coaches, or members of the NCFL program.
- I will not display any unsportsmanlike conduct to the opposing team, fellow players/cheerleaders, coaches, or any league representatives, either verbally, in writing, or electronically on any platform.
- I will not create a video recording of, and/or watch a video recording of any NCFL game other than one in which my Town Organization has previously participated in.
Panther Youth Football & Cheer is a non-profit organization, run entirely by Volunteers. We rely on the help of each family, for a successful season. As such, each family who has a child/children participating in the program will be required to complete a minimum of 5 hours of volunteer time. To ensure each family participates in the Volunteer program, a fifty ($50.00) dollar surcharge will be assessed to each family at the time of registration. The fifty ($50.00) dollar surcharge will be refunded following fulfillment of the Family Volunteer commitment and all uniforms and equipment are returned clean.
- There are many opportunities to complete your volunteer hours:
- Assisting at the Snack Shack (game days)
- Selling 50/50 Raffle Tickets (during home games)
- Selling Spirit Wear (game days)
- Game Day Field Set-Up/Tear-Down
- Chain Crew (away games)
- Game Announcer (home games)
- Assisting with Coaching (when a position is available)
To be eligible to participate in games, ALL players (including Cheer & Flag) are required to participate in the annual league fundraiser, by selling $50 worth of Take-A-Chance raffle tickets.
* Upon registering for any Coventry Youth Football & Cheerleading Association, Inc. (Panther Youth Football & Cheer) program, you and your child are agreeing to abide by this agreement, including Understanding of Risk, Code(s) of Ethics, as well as Volunteer and Fundraiser Fees and Requirements.This information is also included on your child’s registration form.